Joining the TimeBank is easy:
1. Sign up online, by phone or email
2. Attend an orientation session
3. Fill in an application form (To do this you need 2 referees, people that know you well and can tell about who you are as a person, as well as photo identification and a letter with your address on it) Orientations are run by appointment across the city at different days and times and in different places. We can organise an orientation to suit you, this could be one to one, with a group, in a cafe, at your place or at ours. To organise an orientation email us at email@example.com.
There are TimeBank members who do orientations living in
· Hamilton East
· Central City
Or you can come into one of the wonderful community groups listed below and book in with them.
· Waikato Environment Centre (242 Peachgrove Rd)
· Migrant Resource Centre (Boundary Road)
· Desert Spring Ministries (Peachgrove Road)
· Te Whanau Putahi (Oxford Street)
· Western Community Centre (Hyde Ave)
· Mahuika House (Downes Ave, Te Awamutu)
Orientations are relaxed meetings when an experienced member of the TimeBank tell new members through how the TimeBank works, the way that TimeBank does things, and when they can, show you the website called Community Weaver that TimeBank uses. Doing an orientation is an important part of becoming a member. Better still, once you have finished becoming a member you will get 2 TimeCredits.
When you come to your orientation please bring 2 forms of identification - photo (driver’s license, or passport) and address (i.e. a piece of addressed mail). You will also need the names and contacts of two referees. The membership form also asks for emergency contact information, but you can email that later if you want to.